Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rare Problem

• Please log in to reply

Moonifa

Moonifa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
If anyone can figure this out they are a genius! LOL I am taking a 30 day test drive on Verizon Wireless Internet Access. I get a decent signal out here in the boonies which is wonderful as there are no other services available but 28.8 dial up.

But within minutes of being connected, I will get Verizon's error 907, which states "This connection can only be used with VZ Access Manager". Sometimes that means I am disconnected, but usually I am still connected, but cannot get pages to load without disconnecting and restarting the service. Even the Verizon techs are stumped, and only one other customer has had this problem. They have a Dell laptop. I am using a Dell Diminsion 2400 desktop with upgraded hard drive and memory.

It would seem that perhaps it's a registry problem? I have cleaned the registry, and even done registry restores in case something was deleted that shouldn't have been. I uninstalled my dial up account which was greatly interfering at first, and I have ran WinSock and TCPIP repairs. Nothing.

I have WinXp SP2 and I am using the USB EV-DO 720 modem. I can only connect for about five minutes or so before errors start popping up. I even downloaded Firefox and made it my default browser instead of IE6. While it seemed to help, it didn't fix it.

I use Avast! (free home edition), Counter Spy, Spyware Blaster, and WinPatrol. I make sure all updates are current for Windows and all programs. I do not have spyware or viruses which could be causing this.

Does any one have any ideas? If it's something as simple as a registry tweak I am game! LOL I would so love to be able to get rid of the antiquated dial up. Our lines are so old that I average 2-3 kbps on downloads!!!!! And oh yes, the night I downloaded Firefox, which was a 24 MB file, it downloaded in less than 25 minutes, and the download was never interrupted. Seems as long as there is constant activity I am ok. But I read a lot on the internet and I can't be constantly clicking LOL.

Thanks for your time and expertise in advance. I was able to get the test drive extended another 15 days while trying to solve this problem. Can anyone make a suggestion of what to do other than buying another computer. My hubby has a new Dell laptop and no issues with it whatsoever. It runs Vista Home Basic.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Does this linkhelp your issue.