Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU and Case Fans

• Please log in to reply

SpyWareSucks

SpyWareSucks

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I am having a problem with my CPU and case fans. When my computer goes into standby mode the fans continue to run. I noticed this started to happen sometime after I installed an 8800gt. I can't find anything in the NVIDIA control panel that would cause this to happen. Any clues?

Edited by SpyWareSucks, 15 October 2007 - 11:41 AM.

Advertisements

Chill-Gamer

Chill-Gamer

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I may be talking through my hat. When a computer goes into standby various essential hardware is still working. The fan(s) to keep your cpu and computer cool would seem to qualify. Hard drive and monitor, etc. seem to be teporarily unneccessary. if you were to use hibernate, all functions would cease and the computer will save all settings to resume the last files used.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Different boards work in different ways to stand-by - some just shut the monitor and unit off, others effectively stop working altogether.