Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NETWORK CARD PROBLEMS

• Please log in to reply

nickpd

nickpd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had wireless internet for a couple years, and it never worked out. I therefore switched back to LAN / cable connection. While my internet now stays connected, other problems have arisen.

I have what I believe is an NVIDIA motherboard. This motherboard seems to interfere with my LAN card/cable, for any time I plug one in, its not detected by my computer. I bought a network PCI card today and installed it, but its actually preventing my computer from turning on! Once I remove it, the computer works fine. I have tried it in different slots, but it actually prevents my computer from loading. It is a standard DYNEX PCI adapter.

THe problem is that because my computer was not recognizing the external LAN network card, I had to download a driver associated with the NVIDIA built in connection (I believe). This has led to massive problems in other areas. Although my internet is perfect, it is definitely interfereing with video and audio connections.

For example, I can rarely play a WMV file without it saying that it is corrupt, or it stopping half way. I have tried it on other peoples computers and the video works fine. Also, I get the "blue screen" where it shuts down and or restarts my computer due to a critical error. Although I dont have the exact error right in front of me, it gives me an error relating to a DRIVER being not or less equal. I have no idea what that means. I am quite certain that this error is relating to the driver I downloaded to run the built in NVIDIA network connection.

So the long story short is that my internet works, but the driver is causing me to have problems on the video / audio side, as well as restarting my computer almost daily.

Note that i have re-installed the driver, changed network cards, etc and it doesn't change a thing, therefore my only solution is to uninstall the driver and somehow getting an external network card to work with my LAN cable.

I am looking for someone's assistance on this matter.

Thanks

Advertisements