Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Experts Wanted, Help installing Print Driver

• Please log in to reply

jean11

jean11

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I use an old Lexmark 2380 plus for vinyl label printing, it's great, except I just put my program I use on XP Pro, which works great, but I cannot get the printer to communicate with XP, it installs, but claims to have an error when I send to print, and it happens on all programs, not just the label software. Its just not talking, and I troubleshot for 3 hours.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you installed the drivers using the windows xp cd?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you go to Lexmark for XP Drivers

If you ran the label software with a different version of Windows then right click its desktop icon then properties then compatibility and tick run this programme then select the version

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Keith, Lexmark does not provide XP drivers for this model, which is very, very old

MS does include some standard drivers, but as I understand they are limited in function.

Also, it should be noted there are several different 2380 models

jean11

jean11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, its a REALLY old model but it works great for my use, I've tried several old drivers, inc. the one for 2380 plus (or my manual says its238x/239x copyright 1993) listed from the XP list, to no avail. No didnt use the CD itself to install, just what was already in the system, should I be doing that?? I'm almost thinking I need to go in technological reverse and get a junker that runs 95, like my old one that worked perfectly before it crashed and burned.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes, there is one on the windows xp cd....

put the cd in your drive, then setup the printer, then when it asks you for the driver disk, point it to the cd....

jean11

jean11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
oh heck, tried that. No luck, rehooked up the regular paper printer cannon bubblejet and not ITS doing the same thing. Saying 'document failed to print'. Called gateway, no luck, yet. Did a system restore also, no luck. Could the port be bad or something? I guess i've got to take it to someone, as i need asap for business use... stinky