Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Errors in Event Viewer

• Please log in to reply

Elecjester

Elecjester

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

I am using Win Xp Pro SP2 and every once in awhile I get these errors that show up in the event viewer. I switched not that long ago from win2k pro (finally wore me down lol) and I've never got them before, so I am wondering exactly what is up with them.

Sadly, there is like no info it seems on these errors so I am not sure what to make of them.

They are as follows:

1. Category: Application, Type: Information, Type: ACK_REQ_CHA_LIST End

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ACK_REQ_CHA_LIST End ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: ack request channle list.

2. Category: Application, Type: Information, Type: AddChannel

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( AddChannel ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: add channel.

3. Category: Application, Type: Information, Type: REQ_CHA_LIST

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( REQ_CHA_LIST ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: channel list request.

4. Category: Application, Type: Information, Type: ACK_REQ_CHA_LIST Start

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ACK_REQ_CHA_LIST Start ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: ack request channle list.

5. Category: Application, Type: Information, Type: Can not find Ping Info

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Can not find Ping Info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Caution.

6. Category: Application, Type: Information, Type: session server address

(This is a brand new one, Never saw this before!)

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( session server address ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: u-sf-ss01.pubgame.ijji.com

Now, this system is getting a little long in the tooth, and I am in the process of building an entirely new system from the ground up, which I should have by the middle of next week. However, it just erks me that I do not know what these issues are.

Sometimes, there can be quite alot of these errors in the event viewer. Some of the add channel ones can come in multiple times in the space of a single minute so.

In any case, the current system is:

AMD Athlon 1900+
KT4 Ultra Mainboard (MSI, Via Chipset)
Radeon 9800 Pro 128
Onboard Sound (C-Media)
1 Gig of Ram (333)
300gig Seagate HDD

Anyways, I am hoping someone can shed some light on these errors.

As a side note, since I switched from win2k to winxp, my system feels a little sluggish in games (usually online games, and it never used to). I disabled alot of services as per a few tweaking guides I read online. Currently windows boots with roughly 18 Services running I believe.

I have a business grade high speed cable internet account. (15000/3000 If I remember correctly).

I don't think it's my line. I have ran multiple tests (smoke, trace, etc) and everything always seems alright. So I am thinking it's something system related. Perhaps I shut off something I shouldn't have, or perhaps there is something I need to tweak still.

Thanks in advance.

Ej.

P.s. I am sending along a copy of my dxdiag.txt file. I realise the sound card drivers may seem a little out of date. But they are the newest ones I know of. As for the video card drivers ... Any driver for Catalyst over 7.6 causes all sorts of errors for alot of people (including myself) so I stuck with 7.6

Attached Files

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Off hand I would say you stopped a service that shouldn't be. But please wait for other opinions.

Elecjester

Elecjester

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Bump so I can get an answer please.

Elecjester

Elecjester

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Bump again ... zzz

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
You currently have 18 processes running, I have about 30. I have a printer, LAN to my laptop, dvd writers and the whole bang connected to my PC. My guess here would be that when you were 'tweaking' your system you damaged something within the OS. Google does not have anything matching your errors, which means the errors are very very rare. The online 'tweaking' programs/guides are not always good ones.

I would try a restore point if you have one before eliminating all the necessary processes.

Just out of curiosity, what 18 processes are you running? post a screen shot of task manager if you can.

NB : Please DO NOT post a HJT log here, it just clogs up the screen and then i am to lazy to read it :) :)

Edited by Adrenalin, 18 October 2007 - 02:19 PM.