Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ford Racing 2

• Please log in to reply

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Hi

I installed Ford Racing 2 on tuesday, it worked with no errors. But when i start a race, it goes 3 2 1 and as soon as i accelerate my computer restarts. :)

Thank you

Attached Files

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I bet your using intergrated video (built in, not a dedicated video card). You can go here: http://support.feral...n...ing2&save=1 and go to system selector. That should tell you for sure if your system is capable of running the game.

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
tryed that :S but i have a PC not a MAC ... the game has on it cover PC CD-ROM :S

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
It looks like you should be able to run it. Have you updated your video drivers?

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Yes my video card is updated. today i got a blue screen come up and it said:
STOP:0x000000D1 (0x00000014, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF74A816E)

Edited by dudeja, 24 October 2007 - 08:51 AM.

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
any chance you have a Logitech Mouse with the extra software installed?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810980

The Error Message that you posted:
Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:

* Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.
above is courtesy of: Marc Lironhttp://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html

From the Stop Error message....

1. You may have a corrupted Device Driver <--- Please Check in Device Manager (if found, Remove and Reboot to allow Windows to "find new hardware" and "install drivers for new hardware"
2. You may have an installation of the game gone bad. <-- Uninstall and reinstall
3. You may have acquired a Malware Infection <-- please run HJT and post your Log in Malware Removal Forum

Please keep us posted with your progress.
If you Post into the Malware Removal Forum, please complete that work, before returning to post here for additional assistance as needed.

Best Regards