Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer freezes when opened.

• Please log in to reply

laynenugget

laynenugget

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a problem that started about 2 weeks ago. Whenever i open my Internet Explorer 7, it will take about 5 minutes to load the website. (not one site in particular, any link i click on that will open a new window) It will say "connecting" at the bottom, but the browser is essentially frozen for 5 minutes.

Once it does go through, i can navigate just fine to other sites.

I also recently had a problem with viruses/malware/spyware (i am not sure of all the differences). I think i finally got "whataboutadog" to go away by deleting it from my list of trusted zones...but i also caught a win32.trojandropper and win32.trojandownloader.agent program on my AdAware scanner. I do not know if something like this could be causing the lag, but i have never had this problem before.

If anyone can help, please do! Thanks so much!

-stace

Advertisements

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
it could be your connection problem you know...or else check your computer for viruses and check your computer for spy ware

if you want a free anti virus - http://free.grisoft....s/frt/0?prd=aff

if you want a anti spyware program- http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007-Free...p;tag=top5'

if you have a malware problem then ask the technicians on this site to help you by going to the malware forum