Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Froggers Adventure

• Please log in to reply

redskyatnight

redskyatnight

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I installed the game "Froggers Adventure". Can't play it. It says push "Start Button" which there is none on the keyboard. I have windows 2000 xp with 149 GB and 1 GB Ram. On the back of the game it says minimum requirements are: Windows98 or 2000xp intel pentium 800 Mhz processor or equivalent. Is "Directx 8.1 3D accelerator card" a game card? I'm not sure if there is a game card in this computer. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi redskyatnight! I'm not too sure about this game, as I can't seem to find the PC specs or a webpage about it, other than on different platforms (i.e. not the PC).

First up, you will have either Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Can you please double-check and specify exactly what the requirements are on the box? If it says "Windows 98 or Windows 2000" and you're using XP, then you may need to run it in compatibility mode.

For the DirectX 8.1 3D accelerator card, this means your video or graphics card. This is either integrated, meaning built-in to the computer, or a separate (discrete) card, meaning a separate card that is added. You have one of these, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see anything on your monitor! :) If you are using XP, there's a good chance you will be using DirectX 9, which is compatible and exceeds the requirements needed.

My thinking for your problem is that the Start Button that you need to push to begin the game is either on the screen (click it with your mouse) or is one of the keys on the keyboard that has been designated as the start button. An example of this is found in the 3D Pinball game that comes with Windows XP - you need to push the <F2> Key to start a new game. See if you can find in the documentation if it's a specific key.

:)

redskyatnight

redskyatnight

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you FPVDriF6 for your help. :) The game box says windows XP. F2 nor any other button on the keyboard will start the game. The mouse does nothing as there is no arrow that I can move around on the screen. I am not sure if there is an integrated or discrete card as you indicated. Someone built this computer for me and can you tell me if the card would be included on the motherboard or is it discrete? I have all the paperwork for the components of this computer and there is nothing for a game card. The motherboard is an ABIT.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
The <F2> key was purely an example. It's possible the game may be a faulty install - in this case you can just uninstall and reinstall it.

To find out what components are in your computer:

Download and install Everest Home Edition
Run the program and then click on Report up the top.
Click Next, select System Summary Only and click Next, select Plain Text and click Finish.
Copy the second section of the report (Summary) and paste it into your next reply.