Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

already done ALL malware scans, NOW im HERE .PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

starla

starla

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
my name is starla I have been in here for about 2 weeks now everyday for hours and hours on end have I been doing scans and looking for malware with my helper, HE sent me here, says I only had a very few problems in actual malware, and it seems to be a software OR hardware problem . I am at a total loss, I am in no way a expert. I have this compac presario its the microsoft windows XP media center edition 2005 . I bought this system in 2006 . and it has been used for a little over a year. I have a time warner cable guy coming out here on e=wensday the 24th. to ck my pc and all connections and make sure everthing on thier end looks good, I do have road runner high speed , The so- called frined helped me hook this pc up back in 2006, AND now I do not have full administrater rights.?? how do I fix that >?? I bought this pc, I am the only one who uses it why does my system restore tab not show up using right click start and properities, and where>?? where is it >??? I am highly upset and do not know what to do ... we did a sytem restore point the other way when I first starting doing my scan with my malware expert. , but at the end my last instructions were to do one from my start and I cant it states that if I dont have full admistration rights the tab will not be there , well who the heck does have these rights if not me .?? where do I find this info >?:? I can not talk to the guy who hooked up my pc, I have no idea if he may have used anything off of my pc for his personal use, and I am very worried that he may have , PLEASE HELP ME < if somone can help me get my pc back to perfect order in my hands I am willing to pay a fee. PLEASE HELP ASAP~!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok, the time worner cable guy came over today , said my modem has been " flagging " well he has fixed that , so he thinks, lol,. but my system is still not right , earlier I turned on and my pc froze, I could not move my mouse, nothing , I tried using esc, and alt,control,delete, still.... nothing , so I had to do a unholy thing an unplug my entire system , doesent that create huge problems.>??? anyway now I am in its working , but when I go to my yahoo mail, it will freeze up , I can not ck mail, it will not go anywhere , it will minimize that page and I can open a new page and do some things, but can not get into my mail. then I log off, and wow, right there in mail no problem , I am wondering if that is a "flagging" problem from my modem which I can have replaced , since its twc's. but what else could be wrong here >??? also my pages are opening now in small box, so I have to hit maximise for it to be in full veiw, what did that >?? I did not change anythig , this pc has a mind of its own, I am starting to belive more and more that compaq was a bad' choice on my part . everyone says' they have no problem with thier dell, and here I am in [bleep] one mth after my warrenty has ended !!!! could somone please help me, run threw some test , ?? find out what is going on with my system , ( and I fixed the administrater problem, )

So I need help with finding out why I am crashing, and why somtimes my yahoo mail will not let me in at ALL!!!!! so it seems to be freezing as well....... what do I do >???

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP , I HAVE ALREADY BEEN THREW THE MALWARE TEAM ,, EVERYTHING IS A GO THERE, NOW I AM HERE, ...........................HELP , PLEASE ~~~~~~~STARLA

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hi starla,

Were you able to get in contact with the friend of yours that setup up this computer? Without a account with administrator rights it is hard for us to repair some problems. Do you have the disks that came with the computer? When you turn of the system without shutting it down yes it can cause problems.

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
yes, i have that fixed..... yes I have all my start up disc and I also have my back up disc..(2) my problems seem to only be with my homepage now..... most of the time I am fine, everything is working fine... but then if I go to yahoo (my homepage) it freeze's and will not do anything , I can minamize the page, work in another open page ... a bit slower , but when I try to go to mail or hit any button on the yahoo mail page it will not do anything .....

I had some problems with my modem "flagging' and I have had a time warner cable guy out here 2wice, today I recieved a brand new modem. we are hoping that solves that problem, they state that that would not cause my yahooo or / homepage to freeze up.... when it does this I have to log off........then log back on and it will work fine, like nothing was wrong , somtimes it does this at the start of my pc session , somtimes not until hours later ... any idea's >>>?????? please help, I do not know what to do here... really lost on how to fix this .... I could just change my homepage, but wouldnet I still have the problem>?? what could be causing this >?? thank you sooo much for helping me .... thanxs ~~~~~~~~~~~starla

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
If you haven't already downloaded ATF Cleaner, you can download it from HERE

Once you have it downloaded, run it. Now click on the Select All checkbox so that every checkbox listed is filled in with a checkmark. (You can uncheck any of the items you don't want to have cleaned) Now click the Empty Selected button. It will take less then a minute and you will receive a window stating that the cleaning is done and how much space was freed up. A video tutorial for using this program can be found HERE

What Browser and version do you use.

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
i HAVE ALREADY DONE ATF CLEANER 2WICE, I HAVE STATED.....ME AND STAMPER, A MALWARE EXPERT ) HAVE WENT THREW AND GOT RID OF ALL MY MALWARE, OR ANY AND ALL VIRUS....HERE IS THE LINK...........

( MY MAIN PROBLEM IS WHEN i GO TO YAHOO ( MY HOMEPAGE ) NOT ALL THE TIME... BUT SOMETIMES AND ATLEATS 2WICE A DAY ... I HAVE TO LOG OFF AND LOG BACK ON AND IT WORKS FINE....I CAN NOT CLOSE THE PAGE, I CAN NOT READ MAIL, I CAN NOT DO ANYTHING .......................PLEASE HELP .......

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE ALREADY DONE ...http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/HELP-pc-needs-done-everything-t173413.html

OK THAT IS THE BEGINING OF MY 1ST PAGE , IF THAT DOES NOT WORK HERE IS MORE INFO ON THE TOPIC.. MY HELPER WAS STAMPER19 HE HELPED ME 4 5 DAYS PRETTY MUCH 24/7 AND WE DID EVERYTHING TO GET RID OF ALL MALWARE... HE STATED I NEVER HAD ANYTHING MAJOR, AND THE FEW THINGS I DID HAVE WE FIXED, NOW THE PROBLEMS I AM HAVING NOW TO HIM "SEEM " LIKE A HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROBLEM, AND I CKED INTO A CONNECTION PROBLEM,THATS WHERE I GOT A BRAND NEW MODEM FROM TIME WARNER CABLE , AND THE FLAPPING HAS STOPPED FOR NOW, WE ARE HOPING THAT IT WONT DO THAT ANYMORE, BUT THAT IS STILL A OUTSIDE THING AND SHOULD NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY PAGE FREEZING UP .........IS THAT CORRECT >?? HERE IS SOME MORE INFO ON THE TOPIC IF MY LINK DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU , ( AND THERE ARE 4 PAGES THERE INCASE IT ONLY TAKES YOU TO ONE. )

HELP my pc needs you , I have done everything [RESOLVED], got shut down by c:windows32\config\system , im back on need

THAT WAS THE TOPIC OF MY THREAD .....IT IS CLOSED NOW, HOPE YOU CAN GET TO IT . I CAN SOPY AND PASTE IF THAT IS NESSISARY , PLEASE LET ME KNOW . I WILL RUN THE ATF AGAIN , JUST TO MAKE SURE , BUT AS I MENTIONED WE DID THAT 2WICE, SO I WILL TRY IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I AM DESPERATE TO FIX MY MACHINE ....

YOUR 2ND QUESTION .............I HAVE A COMPAQ PERSARIO 2005 BOUGHT NEW IN 2006 (AUGEST ) IT IS A MEDIA CENTER EDITION MICROSAOFT WINDOWS XP ..........IT HAS DUAL CORE PROSSER AND 1024 MEMORY , 250 GB IN HARD DRIVE ................................................................................

...............MY HELPER IN MALWARE DEPT..................

Stamper19

View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Oct 17 2007, 04:15 PM Post #7

Trusted Helper

Group: Malware Staff
Member No.: 207,163
Operating System:
Windows XP

................................................................................

OK, IF I NEED TO COPY AND PASTE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IM RUNNING THE ATF REPORT I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IT COMES UP WITH ANYTHING AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING TO COPY AND PASTE I WILL DO SO .........THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP, PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM... STARLA

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
OK DID ANOTHER ... ATF right now my pc is running super slow, so i have to log off and log back on , and when i say slow, i mean fater than dial up , and just about rr lite speed ... I have rr fast high speed, and it is not going at that rate right now, i can find out my speed and performance of my modem by going to a webpage i was given, but since i know it is running slow, and i know that for some reason >?? if i log off, and log back on it will ethier get better or worse, i am going to do that ........................I did another atf it did do some good so it states, it freed up .... 325.242mbs in regular main , windows, and 24.723, in firefox ........ so maybye that will help, we shall see, but can you tell me why my yahooo page freezes up >??? it is my homepage ........ what can i do ,.>???? thank you so much for your time and help,. please help me ...................starla

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
http://www.geekstogo...ng-t173413.html

please let me know if you are getting this threw any of these links.......... yes I did the atf scan again ..

do you think yahoo is actually having a problem >? instead of me .??? im confused.. please help ./.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Lets go ahead and run a scan on your hard drive becouse you said that your system is still slow. Go ahead and download HDtune in my signature and run a scan. Do not do a fast scan. When the scan is done go ahead and post the results.

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
it is NOT slow, its only slow when the yahoo page freezes, and i go on another oage like i did earlier to reply to you ...........everything is fine.......except somtimes when i go to yahoo, esp after i visit this page, my yahoo home page freezes up ...................................thats it , what can I do .???

2nd.........I do not know how to find this scan you are speaking of . you did not send me the link..

and if my pc runs perfectly most of the time, should I still be doing that scan >? its only when the yahoo page freeze's , that everything else go's slow.... other than that I am in top speed .

Advertisements

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok found the download, do you want me to run it >??

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok, i have switched my homepage to aol . I am doing the scan . I have a yahoo page minamized right now..... it will not close, nor anything else. I am trying to get you the copy of the scan you asked me to do ...now,. I ran all scans, hope that is what you asked for , it takes a while for the error one, but so far so good, here it is ...........

HD Tune: WDC WD2500JS-60NCB1 Error Scan

Scanned data : 238379 MB
Damaged Blocks : 0.0 %
Elapsed Time : 82:37
HD Tune: WDC WD2500JS-60NCB1 Benchmark

Transfer Rate Minimum : 20.4 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Maximum : 62.2 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Average : 52.9 MB/sec
Access Time : 18.5 ms
Burst Rate : 103.5 MB/sec
CPU Usage : 2.5%

HD Tune: WDC WD2500JS-60NCB1 Information

Firmware version : 10.02E02
Serial number : WD-WCANK4930717
Capacity : 232.9 GB (~250.1 GB)
Buffer size : 8192 KB
Standard : ATA/ATAPI-7 - SATA II
Supported mode : UDMA Mode 5 (Ultra ATA/100)
Current mode : UDMA Mode 5 (Ultra ATA/100)

S.M.A.R.T : yes
48-bit Address : yes
Read Look-Ahead : yes
Write Cache : yes
Host Protected Area : no
Device Configuration Overlay : yes
Automatic Acoustic Management: no
Power Management : yes
Advanced Power Management : no
Power-up in Standby : yes
Security Mode : no
Firmware Upgradable : yes

Partition : 1
Drive letter : C:\
Label : PRESARIO
Capacity : 229686 MB
Usage : 7.58%
Type : NTFS
Bootable : Yes

Partition : 2
Drive letter : D:\
Label : PRESARIO_RP
Capacity : 8778 MB
Usage : 92.91%
Type : FAT32
Bootable : No

HD Tune: WDC WD2500JS-60NCB1 Health

ID Current Worst ThresholdData Status
(01) Raw Read Error Rate 200 200 51 0 Ok
(03) Spin Up Time 238 195 21 3066 Ok
(04) Start/Stop Count 99 99 0 1221 Ok
(05) Reallocated Sector Count 200 200 140 0 Ok
(07) Seek Error Rate 200 200 51 0 Ok
(09) Power On Hours Count 98 98 0 2153 Ok
(0A) Spin Retry Count 100 100 51 0 Ok
(0B) Calibration Retry Count 100 100 51 0 Ok
(0C) Power Cycle Count 99 99 0 1200 Ok
(BE) Airflow Temperature 58 44 45 42 Ok
(C2) Temperature 108 94 0 42 Ok
(C4) Reallocated Event Count 200 200 0 0 Ok
(C5) Current Pending Sector 200 200 0 0 Ok
(C6) Offline Uncorrectable 200 200 0 0 Ok
(C7) Ultra DMA CRC Error Count 200 200 0 0 Ok
(C8) Write Error Rate 200 200 51 0 Ok

Power On Time : 2153
Health Status : Ok

ok, not really in order , but I am proud of myself for figureing out even how to get this info to you . I am no expert. I just want my pc in top shape.... PLEASE HELP ~~!!!!

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The E that you click on to get on the internet does it have a gold bar around it?

Do you use Firefox or any other type of browser to get on the internet?

starla

starla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
yes , I have a gold bar.... what does that mean >??

and yes I have mozilla firfox, I can use that too, i need to more often , but I havent got it set up to do as much as explorer, what does this mean >?? thanxs 4 any and all help ... starla

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The gold bar means you have Internet explorer 7. Does yahoo load just fine in Firefox?