Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Port Prob...PLZ help

• Please log in to reply

mclaren101

mclaren101

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi, I got a problem with my usb port. I really dont know if the problem is with my usb port so im just guessing. My Problem is when i plug in my Mircophone for games and other things, it doesnt work. No beep or anything comes up. I dunno maybe a cable to the motherboard or something isnt plugeed in. Does some kind of cable need to be pluged-in or what? The usb port was working earlyer but now its not. Can SOmeone PLease Help me THank You.

Advertisements

rrush

rrush

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
What OS are you running?
Have you tried another USB device in the port yet to rule out problems with the mic?

mclaren101

mclaren101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
IM running Xp, I have tryed other usb port devices but that one didnt work too.
I think that some connection cable isnt plug-in, Can u tell me which cables need to be in my sound card and mother board,please.

Edited by mclaren101, 17 April 2005 - 12:47 AM.

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
Load bios optimized defaults to reset the resources, and if that doesnt work go to system and hardware device manager and remove usb root and hub, then reinstall.

mclaren101

mclaren101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK i did that but when i rebooted and got new hardware found and its was the mulitimedia controller. After that i got a audio device called NVIDIA®nForce™Audio Codec Inferface, this i have never had before. THen i tryed and it didnt work so what now?

Edited by mclaren101, 17 April 2005 - 10:12 PM.