Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound of Video and Music Playback

• Please log in to reply

Mrs. Kitty

Mrs. Kitty

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm in the right area for this post. The problem I'm having is that when I play video's or music through my Windows Media Player 11 or any video on the internet the sound comes in really slow. The music sounds like it's playing on a really slow speed. What should I do? Could it be a virus? Please Help me.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello Mrs. Kitty,

What troubleshooting have you done. Have you tried reinstalling the sound drivers?

Mrs. Kitty

Mrs. Kitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hello, tuxmaster

Thank you for repling to my post. I really haven't done a whole lot as far as troubleshooting. I ran my anti-virus, spy-bot, and spy-blaster programs to make sure it wasn't any virus or malware. That came up clean. Other than that I didn't know what else to do. I don't know how to reinstall the sound drivers. Do I have to have discs to do that? If so I'm not sure I have them. Let me know what I should do next. Thanks

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What is the make and model of your computer?

Mrs. Kitty

Mrs. Kitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Compq Presario 6000, that's what it says on the front of the tower. You will have to excuse my lack of knowledge with computers. I can use them. I'm just not real good at fixing them. I'm running Windows XP on it.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I went on HP's site and there are a few 6000's
» Compaq Presario 6000EA Desktop PC
» Compaq Presario 6000KS Desktop PC
» Compaq Presario 6000T Desktop PC
» Compaq Presario 6000Z Desktop PC

Which one is yours?

Mrs. Kitty

Mrs. Kitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hey I'm sorry I looked again it is a Presario 6300us. I also noticed lately that my computer is running a little slower. What can I do about that? Thanks

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
If your entire computer is running slow lets clear some stuff out.

Lets give ATF Cleaner a run.

First Download ATF Cleaner.

1. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
2. Under Main choose: Select All
3. Click the Empty Selected button.
1. If you use Firefox browser
* Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
* Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
2. If you use Opera browser
* Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
* Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Edited by tuxmaster, 29 October 2007 - 02:38 AM.

Mrs. Kitty

Mrs. Kitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Okay, I did that. Thanks. Now what?

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Did it speed up your system a bit if not.

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Mrs. Kitty

Mrs. Kitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thank you I will do what you suggested. The things you suggested should take care of my sound problem, right? If not I will post you. My system isn't running any faster. Thank you for your help.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
It may it may not take care of your sound issue. However it should help you with your computer's slow performance.

Mrs. Kitty

Mrs. Kitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hey tuxmaster,

I just wanted to let you know that everything is running fine. I went to the malware section here. I spoke with Harrythook. He helped me get everything to run faster. All the things we did took care of my sound problem. Thanks again, Mrs. Kitty

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Mrs. Kitty,

That is good to know thanks for letting me know.