Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound card is gone gone GONE!

• Please log in to reply

Arycama

Arycama

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hey, havent been here for a while. A few days ago my sound card decided it would just stop working. I was playing music in windows media player, songs that i always play, and it just stopped making sound. I tried reinstalling drivers and all, hasnt done anything, in the meantime im using a very poor sound card from my old computer, and i desperatley want to get my good sound card working as it has 5.1 support and i just got a 5.1 system i can connect it to. I thought i might have blown the sound cfard or something but i go into device manager and it still appears there and says the device is currently functioning and all.

Advertisements

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
so now there's no other option than buying a new sound card.

Trying going here---Sound Cards You Can Buy

Arycama

Arycama

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I meant like, i was wondering if theres any other things that can be done to try and fix my sound card, like something might have been corrupted or something, cuz i dont have any money either, is there anything i can do?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Can you elaborate on the "reinstalling drivers and all" bit? Does that include uninstalling the device and letting Windows find it again next boot?

EDIT: Is the "good" sound card a discrete or onboard device?

Edited by FPVDriF6, 22 October 2007 - 06:59 AM.