Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Install IE 7-Cryptographic services error-cmd syntax incorrect

• Please log in to reply

Chrysa

Chrysa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I desperately need your Help!!I have Mozilla Firefox and I want to install Internet Explorer 7 but when it starts extracting the files a window pops up saying it could "not verify the integrity of the files necessary. Please check if the cryptographic service is running on this computer"

I have found a site of microsoft about the problem where it says I should go in cmd and give these commands

net stop cryptsvc
ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2
oldcatroot2
net start cryptsvc
exit

and then retry installing it. But as I write the second line - after the first command is succesful - it says the syntax is not correct. How could I solve this problem?Are the % and \ to blame???

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
What Micro$oft site did you get this info?

You must make sure these Win XP services are enabled and running:

Cryptographic Services
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
System Restore Service

Go to Start menu >Run > MSCONFIG <enter>

Click on the "Services" Tab & review these services. They should have a green "tick/check" mark on left; and status "Running" on the far right.

Ron

Chrysa

Chrysa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just checked the three services and I found out that there were 2 RPCs in my computer, the first running and the second stopped, but both of them ticked. Why are there 2 RPCs??

The site is in the Hellas Microsoft and it' s written in Greek, but I' ve also found the following:

http://www.updatexp....rvice-error.pdf

As I already said I tried to do what it says in the cmd but the syntax is incorrect

crc

crc

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Have u tried to do the 4th method of the Greek MS site ???

Method 4: Reregister DLL files that are associated with Cryptographic Services

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

in english here

Method 4: Reregister DLL files that are associated with Cryptographic Services
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B822798&x=13&y=12

Edited by crc, 22 October 2007 - 01:18 PM.

Chrysa

Chrysa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried the 4th helping point and it did help!Thanks! But a new problem occured:

I have Windows Home Edition SP1 and it says that my operating system does not support IE7.

But when I tried to install IE6 it said there is a newer version already installed in my computer. Which version could that be between IE6 and IE7????I will go mad soon!

Then, I searched in Add/Remove programmes but there existed no IE!

I don' t know where it is located. Then I went to Search and I found 14 files of IE, none of which function properly and furthermore I can't delete them!