Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OH YES, Advanced Media Extension 1.5 is a Trojan variant

• Please log in to reply

Simund.Says

Simund.Says

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Recently downloaded patches and cracks from a P2P network (Bit######) and a couple of downloads were zipped together with malicious adware with security threat 3 (categorised by Symantec). For instance, the application files (PowerISO v3.8 and ShortKeys v2.0.5.1) were each tagged with a bonus program courtesy by crack teams such as CORE, as well as SeekNDestroy . They aren't gonna explain why they do it even if I sent emails to thank them for the freebies in those Zip / Rar folders. Anyway, I had to re-format the entire PC system. That took 4 hours to backup all my documents, 6 hours to install critical updates from Microsoft website and another 2 hours to install necessary applications and tools software. LESSON #1: Go legit, stay off from torrents. :)

Advertisements