Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware Interrupts runs cpu between 50% and 100%

• Please log in to reply

AntjeC

AntjeC

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
Within the last three days my computer started to run a bit sluggish. I used Process Explorer - Sysinternal to see what might be the problem. It appears that the Hardware Interrupts are running the % up. I have tried some of the Norton Utilities, CCleaner and TuneUp Utilities (as these were suggested in another thread for a similar problem) to see if this would clear it up. Without success. At one point my computer also made a very buzzing sound. It also seems to have rebooted one night and the next morning it was sitting at the beginning of the boot sequence saying that it could not find the hard drive. I shut the machine down and rebooted and it has not done this since.
A bit background on my machine:
I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with 1GB RAM and a 300GB HDD (Seagate Barracuda 3.5" SATA/300).
My machine recently crashed and I replaced the HDD with the one mentioned above. I also reinstalled Windows XP SP2. I actually bought the XP CD (no DELL recovery CD or anything like that).
The machine has run for about a month and a half smooth and very efficient.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
A. Crawford

Advertisements