Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gibberish on PC

• Please log in to reply

silentarts

silentarts

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
I was using my pc yesterday, and after i shut it down, and i tried to boot last night, it showed up without any fonts on the system, so what i am seeing right now, is similar to Wingdings and so on. I even tried to copy some from other pc's, but no luck.

Ok. New programs MultiAd Creator Professional 8, Baseball Mogul, Connection Keeper, Web Gallery Builder and ATK0100 ACPI Device Drivers.

I have Windows XP SP1
System Restore does not work - Tried it already.

All fonts dissappeared from c:\windows\fonts, so all i see, is: □ĺǿǼΨ□ҖҺд□ for My Computer, and everything else is similar.
No english.

I did not do any Virus scans as yet.
What i did though, is that i got a 16MB MMC Card from my uncle with pics of he and his son.
As soon as i put the pc on, i put the card in, and when the pc started fully, i saw what was shown above.
□□□□□□ and so on.

I may be able to get a screenshot.

Thanks for any ways you can think of to fix this trouble.

Advertisements

silentarts

silentarts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Posted Image

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Did you look in the recycle bin to see if the fonts were there? And do you have a restore disk or a restore partition on your hard drive? If so you can run it, the restore partition would be accessed by using one of the F keys, and restore the system files. The fonts may not be in the system files but it's worth a try, and there may be other files missing anyway. It might be wise to rebuild your registry too.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I would check out THIS site.

silentarts

silentarts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Did you look in the recycle bin to see if the fonts were there? And do you have a restore disk or a restore partition on your hard drive? If so you can run it, the restore partition would be accessed by using one of the F keys, and restore the system files. The fonts may not be in the system files but it's worth a try, and there may be other files missing anyway. It might be wise to rebuild your registry too.

Been there, done that...

silentarts

silentarts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I would check out THIS site.

NOW THIS IS WHAT I TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I take it that doing what was stated on that link worked?

silentarts

silentarts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
That would be right.....