Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 98se boot up problem

• Please log in to reply

derekg

derekg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i got one date to work but it was 3 days ago the problem happened about a week ago,, still no reading, i checked both cd roms and they are read on my friends computer, just my computer seemd to turn the reading of them off because the open and close just fine

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
ok slow down
you are trying to do to many things at once

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Access the Device Manager. To do this, right-click the My Computer icon on your Desktop and click Properties. In Windows 98 Second Edition,choose the Device Manager tab.
Do any of the devices have a mark next to them in yellow or red ? If yes which device.
By the sound of it when you unplugged everything and put them back in something is not sitting right. Do you have a modem Card?
2 Beeps is normally a memory problem.
Before you touch anything inside your computer make sure you earth yourself 1st by touching a metal object - even the metal on the inside the case will do - this is to discharge static.

You have to slow down and stop jumping all over the place trying different ideas.
Lets work on 1 problem at a time
Did you post the complete error code?
Cheers
Peterm

Edited by peterm, 14 November 2007 - 09:13 PM.