Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

• Please log in to reply

darkdj

darkdj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi all im new here

this is related to this topic

i have been trying to follow the repair guide posted by gerryf (see below)

gerryf
Rating: 0
View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts

post Apr 19 2005, 03:32 PM
Post #9

a desperate man for desperate times
Group Icon

Group: Tech Staff
Jams are inserting themselves into the winlogon key, this is going to be a moving target.

--------------------
Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead so everyone can gain from the solution. Please be courteous and patient--yes your problem is urgent, but so are the problems of the other 37,000+ members.
Please post the final results, good or bad. We like to know.
Malware forum--please read THESE instructions at the top before posting, HERE
Free Antivirus tools | Help wanted | Search the forums | Forum Guidelines | Forum help

Hijackthis -- please DO NOT post a hijackthis log in the Operating System sections unless you are asked to do so

Am I helping you already, but have not answered for a while? Please send me a polite PM. I generally have between 25 and 40 help threads going at once and I sometimes lose track of people.

but i am now stuck

i am at the section were it says to look for the file "userinit.exe" in sys32 but my mums laptop (the problem computer) dosent seem to have it

so my current question is how do i search for the file on the windows xphe dsk and copy over to the sys32 folder using the recovery console

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello darkdj,

Welcome to GeekstoGo. Your issue may be different first thing we want to check is if this happens on a different account in safe mode.

While starting your computer tap the F8 key once every second during the memory count up, or during the system splash screen where you see the system maker's name (HP, COMPAQ, DELL....etc.)

This will result in a text based menu. Use the cursor/arrow keys to navigate to SAFE MODE and hit enter.

Does the problem occur in safe mode?