Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Indexing | Site/Blog/Directory Submissions

• Please log in to reply

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hello everybody.

One of my 'newer' projects, released in early September has still not been indexed by google, nearly 2 months later, which, from my experience, seems unusual, the site is - Online Garden Centre UK. The site hasn't been indexed by any search engine I can find, except the jayde directory (jayde.com), despite the fact I know there are links pointing to the site from sites which have been crawled numerous times since early September.

So, I'm planning to run the risk of getting KO'd by Google, and use a directory/blog/site submission service. Can anyone recommend any good ones, I've used LazyURL in the past, but frankly it didn't do anything whatsoever. So your suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you :)

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The best way to get a site indexed is by having other sites link to it. I haven't followed this real close, but submitting a site to Google used to mean it was automatically "sandboxed" for 3-4 months. Be sure you're robots.txt is configured correctly, try to get other sites to link to yours, and wait a little longer before submitting.