Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Our puppy is having pups.......

• Please log in to reply

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
In response to a bunch of questions, here is a brief story about our puppy:

Are you going to sell the puppies?

Hmmm,
I paid $1500.00 usd for our dog, after waiting over a year for the correct sire/dam match. The contract was 3 pages long. My wife (who has a degree in some animal medicine thing) really wanted a pup from this litter, so I bought it. I just wanted a good dog as a family pet. A great dog we got, a great addition to our family.

Then I was told we have to show the dog in "dog shows". I am not a dog show person. You cannot arrive at a dog show on your motorcycle, and you have to wear a tie and run around in little circles with a bunch of other people and thier dogs. So I paid to have a professional show our dog. Four shows, about 800 miles later our dog is a champion. So now its time to breed her.......

My dog gets driven to Martinsville VA. for a date with another dog. Spends a week or two romping around before I go back and pick her up (450 miles each way). Pick up dog, leave a sizable check for my dog to "have some fun", and it worked so puppies are on the way.

I do not think I will be giving the puppies away, I want to keep one from the litter. The rest will be sold, there already is a waiting list for these pups. I stand to spend more on this adventure than the sale of the pups will bring in, but according to my wife this is a lot of fun. I just wanted another one of these dogs, two 130 pound animals barking at the door keeps a lot of unwanted visitors away :)

Google: Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, all the information about the breed is there.
I can guarantee a pic of our dog is in there :)

This is not an ad, just a response to a lot of questions.

Harry

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Wow! First off, congrats for the new litter! :)

I've already told you once, these dogs are beautiful. I love large dogs, too. Good luck with your breeding! :) Any chance you show us a pic of her or maybe the pups when they arrive? :)

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
UPDATE:
Eight out of Ten puppies survived, we had to have a c-section to get the last one out (stillborn)
Pics to be posted soon :)

H

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Good luck Harry! :)

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Slideshow

Pictures

:) :) :)

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
OMG, that's gotta be the cutest thing I have ever seen! :)

They're beautiful!

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
congrats on the pups...they look like they are eating good ;-0

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
:), they are so cute, showed them to my whole family :)

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Working on updating some pictures, I want to wait untill all the pups have their eyes open :)