Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NO IDEA?!

• Please log in to reply

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Specs: 939 Foxconn/Winfast- FX60- 2gigs hyperx- 2raptors/raid- 500w thermaltake twv- sbxfi- xfx 8800gts fatality edition- Coolermaster case with plenty of ventalation.

Ok so I have been here before but with a different card....

When in game I get an error saying display driver not compliant with microsoft windows. This happens after freezing of course. So I Unistalled all applicable Nvidia Drivers through CCleaner. Dx9 good, updated everything ect. I installed/ updated and went to run a stability test check and got this message: EarthDx9[1007]-Error. So I thought what the heck is that?? I put in BF2 and the computer spun up but would not start the game. Is this a PSU problem? I am thinking maybe, I wanted to check Temps while in Game but couldn't because it didn't start up. So I ran Prime95 and it passed. Then I ran the Dx9 Checks through dxdiag-GTG there too. Everything in Device Man. looks up to code. Anyway something is preventing this card from running at full potential. Any ideas would be great.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
There must still be an incompatible driver installed.

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Copy that,.. sorry for late reply. Working the Grave Yard Shift. So looking at everything it should just be bad drivers then? Ok here I go for round two. Also when installing the new drivers should I go to Nvidia or XFX site. Last time I went to XFX because thats where it came from. Nevermind I will try the ole Nvidia site this time around. Thanks Pip for the reply. : ) I do appreciate it.

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
GOOD TO GO NOW I SUPPOSE.....

After playing musical drivers I still had problems. The main problem was the driver was not installed into my OS/XP. Weird I never had this issue before. I got it digitally signed in after finding the correct folder it was in. After that I did a system restore...thinking maybe something isnt freeing up. Blamo problem solved. I am sure it was the XFX driver, along with operator error as well. Nvidia Stability and Video Card Stability all run good. I ran Prime95 for a couple of hours as well. All good to go. It is booting up BF2 again too. Very strange stuff and very annoying as well. I can't explain why the heck all of this happened but a couple lessons learned. Newer GPUs Newer Drivers still Very Buggy!