Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL 9.0 Problem

• Please log in to reply

lefthandedtechi

lefthandedtechi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Everytime I try to open AOL I get this error message after I try to sign on:

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMOM~1\aol\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
File: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\list
Line: 776

Expression: list erase iterator outside range

For information on how your program can cause an assersion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

Then I press ignore & then it goes into a checking for connectivity thing that just keeps checking forever. What do I need to do to fix this?

Edited by lefthandedtechi, 29 October 2007 - 12:52 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Uninstall AOL, restart computer, reinstall AOL.

lefthandedtechi

lefthandedtechi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok I uninstalled, restarted & then reinstalled & still got the same message.

lefthandedtechi

lefthandedtechi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I clicked on Redetect Connection Devices:
This One-click Fix redetects the device that you use to connect to AOL and the Internet (e.g., a specific modem). It should take less than 2 minutes to complete.

ALL AOL software must be closed to complete this One-click Fix. Please save your work and close AOL.

When done, start this One-click Fix by clicking Continue.

Once I clicked on Continue that message came back up again & it also said reconnect phone line to modem. There's no phone line connected to the modem & none is missing.

Doobieus

Doobieus

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I know this is an older post but if you're still having this issue.

Uninstalling and reinstalling AOL isn't going to do anything really, because the problem doesn't reside in the AOL browser. The problem is the AOL ACS, you need to try and repair that, if repairing doesn't work uninstall/reinstall AOL ACS. Depending on which 9.0 you have, the uninstaller should give an option for the AOL ACS to be uninstalled with the browser as well.

If you have any other questions go ahead and message me I'll be glad to help.

As far as your father's work.....

When you uninstalled there should have been an option in the lower area of the uninstall screen (Pretty small check box and writing) to save you personal data. If that was not checked, unfortunately his files are probably lost. Unless there was another version still installed, even then the likelyhood of the files being preserved is slim.

Anyhow, I used to work for AOL tech so, if you have any other AOL issues with the error codes I'll be able to help.