Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with my new router

• Please log in to reply

Hooftain

Hooftain

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello there.

I'm currently having some problems with my new router, a AirPlus XgremeG wireless 108G Router.

After I set it up with my modem, i connected online with no troubles, then I can stay online for about 30-45 minutes before i get disconnected. I then have to reset my router, and it works fine for 30-45 minutes again. It's really annoying :)

I did not use the CD that followed cause my friend (who's pretty into this kinda stuff) told me it's not necessary.

I am connected to the router by cable, just bought a wireless one cause its always useful to have.

When i connected it i just put in the cables at the same places they were on my old router (it didn't work anymore for some reason), I'm thinking maybe i need to do some more.. no idea really, cause I had some "proffesionals" install my old one :)

Cheers.

Edited by Hooftain, 30 October 2007 - 03:46 AM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hooftain,

Are you connecting wireless or wired?

ZacharyE

ZacharyE

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Are you on a Cable or DSL connection?

Hooftain

Hooftain

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I am connected by wire. My internet is ADSL so i assume that's DSL then, no? :)