Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Doesn't recognize built-in Microphone. Wierd.

• Please log in to reply

abusimbel

abusimbel

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hello and thanks in advance! A couple of days ago I disabled the driver to the built-in microphone on my HP Pavilion dv9000 because I was shooting some video and capturing it directly to hard disk and I thought if I disabled the driver I wouldn't get the feed back. Anyway, when i tried to enable the driver for the microphone...um...how can i say this...the hardware seems to have disappeared. Basically the hardware is no longer in the device manager. I tried to install the hardware by having the computer look for new hardware and by finding it myself without any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I'm neglecting to do something really basic. Anyway, you guys rock and thanks again.

Advertisements

abusimbel

abusimbel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
System Restore Sorted It Out.