Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Grief "Chip Fan Fail Or Speed Too Low"

• Please log in to reply

Akimb0

Akimb0

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello everyone, I'm running a ASUS A8N SLI motherboard, and after a few searches it seems that this is a common, or at least not unknown problem. The fan has indeed stopped spinning, although at first glance it seems clean, and certainly not "gummed up" by dust. Still this leads me to the problem, if I clean my pc out, to make sure it can't be just a dust problem, and it still doesn't work, what then? I assume I'd have to replace it, any help/links to products I can replace it with? I'm pretty sure it's out of warranty, so I can't contact anyone to replace it for free :) I'm also currently reformatting my HDD again....I had the "windows/system32/config/system is missing or corrupt" error, and I decided a fresh start is easier than messing around with registry files as all the help I've looked at suggests different ways to do it. So I decided to be safe rather than sorry. I don't think the chip fan not working will be too much of a problem short term, my pc is very well ventilated, what I did wonder though was the possibility of these events being linked? Thanks for any help/advice :)

Advertisements