Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message windows cannot find '(null)'...

• Please log in to reply

KarenAA

KarenAA

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have been having this error message whenever I leave my home page and try to go anywhere > windows cannot find '(null)'. ,ake sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button and then click search. Then I get internet explorer pages opening blank, the page I am going to will start up slowly, but the error message duplicates and the blank internet explorer pages follow suit. Last night there were 54 and then the computor shut down.
FYI last 2 weeks I have been struggling with other problems but they are resolved. This went away for a few days and now it's back with a worse then before. I have XP, zone alarm -paid, xp sp2, system mechanic 7. Thanks for help. KarenAA

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Karen

Just to confirm you resolved this issue by updating to IE 7 ?

KarenAA

KarenAA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Yes this problem resolved itself by up loading I E 7. Thanks even though I solved this myself, by following previous directions it has helped me to be more confident in solving my problems with my computer. So thanks. KarenAA

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Glad to hear it KarenAA :)