Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thunderbird help

• Please log in to reply

mollymeow

mollymeow

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm not having problems connecting - it doesn't time out, it finds the server properly - the problem is, I'm not getting a single message. Over the last week, I've had friends and business contacts call me and ask why I didn't respond to their email - it never made it to my inbox!

My ISP says it's definitely not them, it has to be me. They can send a tech out, but it will cost me $150, so I'm trying to fix this on my own first.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have you tried the mail client that comes with Win XP to see if it has same problem?

Ron

mollymeow

mollymeow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, I have. I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that. I've tried both Outlook and Outlook Express and they aren't even connecting to the server.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Should have asked you which mail service you use. The free Hotmail account I have causes this problem periodically, but it's because they have started a secure program which does not allow access to your mail until you actually go and login with PassPort. I have to type in what letters and numbers I see on the screen before I can start receiving/sending my e-mail with Hotmail. It's ok for about a week after that.

If you're using Hotmail, check and see. None of my other services have a problem with Outlook express getting my mail (Yahoo or GMail accounts).

Ron

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Who does your email? I had the same problem with Bellsouth. if that's it, I'll give the details.
-Jake

I'm not having problems connecting - it doesn't time out, it finds the server properly - the problem is, I'm not getting a single message.  Over the last week, I've had friends and business contacts call me and ask why I didn't respond to their email - it never made it to my inbox!

My ISP says it's definitely not them, it has to be me.  They can send a tech out, but it will cost me $150, so I'm trying to fix this on my own first.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

View Post

mollymeow

mollymeow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a very small local ISP. They're saying that they haven't gotten any other reports on this issue.