Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Help

• Please log in to reply

MartinJT

MartinJT

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I've recently purchased a HP Pavillion Slimline S3130.uk PC and have been trying to hook it up to my old Printer, a HP Deskjet 940c. It all seems to have installed fine but it only prints about a quarter of the page before stopping and the green 'power on' light starts blinking. Also I used to route it through my scanner whereas this time i'm using a USB.

Any advice?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Have you looked at the printer manual? It should have a troubleshooting section, usually outlining what the errors mean.

If you can't find your manual, you can find it online here.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
A blinking green light can me that it's receiving data or there's an uncoverable error.

MartinJT

MartinJT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
The only error message I get is 'Error Printing'. I looked in the manual but can't find anything that helps.

I did leave the light blinking to see if it did continue after a while, its never been this long recieving data, but it just moves onto the red 'resume' light after a while and pressing that doesn't do any good.