Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A Robot Bride by 2050?

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

An artificial intelligence researcher predicts that robotics will make such dramatic advances in the coming years that humans will be marrying robots by the year 2050.

Robots will become so human-like -- having intelligent conversations, displaying emotions and responding to human emotions -- that they'll be very much like a new race of people, said David Levy, a British artificial intelligence researcher whose book, "Love and Sex with Robots," will be released on Nov. 6.

Gone, he says, will be the jerky movements and artificial-sounding voices generally associated with robots. These will be highly human-like machines that people fall in love with, becoming aides, friends and even spouses.

More...

I've got my order in. :)

Ron

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
I can see where it's an advantage: imagine, marrying a robot. You could turn it off any second you like! :)

Sex with robots... Now, that is... :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Sounds great,but on what OS is she running!I hope it's not Microsoft!!!!!! :)

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Great, this interferes with my schedule. I was not planning on living that long.
I am gonna have to reconsider now.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

Sounds great,but on what OS is she running!I hope it's not Microsoft!!!!!! :)

Watch out for BSODs in sensitive moments... :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Emotions? I hope they don't have tear ducts...

geek in training

geek in training

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
i only have one thing to say Oh my goodness! :) :)

Edit: Geek in training, I have edited your comment. Remember we are a family friendly site and swearing is not allowed. Please refer to our Terms of Use.

Edited by frantique, 10 November 2007 - 07:52 PM.