Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVDs won't play using Sony ClicktoDVD software

• Please log in to reply

whiteandnerdymom

whiteandnerdymom

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a SONY Viao-- PVCRZ40CG desktop PC-- using windows XP Media Center Edition. I'd like to do three things-- and I'm finding the the Sony Software-- ClicktoDVD-- does not always work. 1) I'd like to record live tv and burn a DVD and 2) I'd like to create and burn DVDs using my Sony Camcorder. and 3) I'd like to at times be able to save and COMPRESS the file in order to upload it to a website or Youtube. I've completely updated my PC and my clicktoDVD software-- however when I create and burn a DVD-- other players can't play it. HELP!!!! Is there a software program out there that works better than ClicktoDVD on a SONY computer where I can accomplish all of the above?????? Thanks so much!!! :)

Advertisements

whiteandnerdymom

whiteandnerdymom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm wondering why I'm not getting any responses. Is anybody out there????

whiteandnerdymom

whiteandnerdymom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I did a complete system recovery and started over-- resinstalled windows, updates, and Sony updates. It seems to work better-- I discovered that in CLicktoDVD you have to put a check mark in the box-- under settings in the menu box-- in the box entitled "convert to a DVD compatible format". Sony never said anything about that-- all they told me was to be sure and "finalize the disc-- but there is no box for that in the software wizard. Found this out on my own. The problem now is the quality. Eventhough I checked the best quality-- its poor. Could that be my DVD burner-- or the Disks I'm using????