Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

specified domain

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I guess it is a first time for every thing. After a fresh install of xp home I go to boot into windows for the first time and it wants a password. I did not create a pass word. When I type in anything I get " The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. I can't get to windows even in safe mode. So Right not I am formatting the drive again and will do another install. Has anyone run into this before. I would like to know how to challenge this the next time. Thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try leaving the password-prompt blank if it comes up again after this latest install, then press enter with nothing typed in it at all.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I tried that and nothing worked> This came after a CRC error on the fresh install. After the crc error I rebooted and did a repair got the password deal. I did reformat the drive and start over and have XP installed clean with no errors this time. I used a different drive to install after the crc error. Thanks for the reply. you guys are outstanding at Geeks to Go.