Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply

fear187

fear187

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I'm running Vista Business edition. I installed Adobe Flash player and it says it installs successfully.
The problem is when I try to view flash player movies on websites, it just promps me on the site saying I need to install
flash player (even though I already have it installed).
Why isn't it working? I looked on the adobe site, but they don't have much support in regards to my issue.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you have more than one web-browser installed (IE7 plus another one), make sure you use the same web-browser for viewing flash movies as you did for downloading the player setup file. For example, if you visited the adobe flash player website using IE7, adobe automatically sends you the correct version for Internet Explorer but it won't work in other web-browsers such as Firefox or Opera.

If you intend to use Firefox or Opera for viewing flash movies you need to visit the adobe flash download site using one of those browsers in order for adobe to detect which browser you're currently using and give you the correct version.

fear187

fear187

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Yeah. I'm only useing IE7. I did an install of flashplayer from adobe.com. It says it installed successfully. It restarts the browser so settings can take effect. I can play movies on youtube.com, but if I go to say, www.thewitcher.com or www.ebgames.com and try to view game trailers on there, they don't load, just says download adobe flash player to view.

Mrache

Mrache

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the exact same problem!! I can watch youtube but superdeluxe doesnt work, not to mention alot of other sites... one website sent me a reply mail to a help question and they said that it might be your firewall sofware...but that doesnt make sense, so just to prove that IE7 is doodoo i got firefox and reinstalled flash on it, everything works fine, too bad i love IE7 and would prefer not to use anything else I want help with this too! haha.