Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

notebook wont startup correctly

• Please log in to reply

tangerine3

tangerine3

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi I have an IBM Thinkpad T23, PIII, 512MB ram, windows XP Pro w/sp2, 1.13Ghz, 10 gig HD. I bought it off ebay back in June and it worked perfectly until last night i was browsing and it just looked like it went into a sleep mode or something; screen went black. I pushed the power button and held it until it powered off and then I powered it up and all the lights blink up like normal and then just the green power light is lit. But then it just sits there with no display but is running. It is like when i power it up it immediately goes into a standby mode or something. The battery is charged and I have done it over and over again also plugged into the wall. Any ideas to help me would be great.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I think you would be better off taking the computer to a good lab. There can be many reasons for the failure, starting with faulty screen, loose connection, video card, motherboard, cpu etc. Had it been a desktop it would have been much easier to help you. Being a laptop makes things much more complicated because parts are not standard and replacing them for test purposes can be tricky. A commercial lab will have all the equipment and know how for diagnosis and repair.

tangerine3

tangerine3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
thanks that is what i have decided to do. $25 to diagnos the problem doesn't sound bad at our local shop.