Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ubuntu 7.10

• Please log in to reply

Curryjl

Curryjl

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have been getting a lot of errors on my laptop while running this OS... I was wondering if there could be some sort of problem running linux on a vista preloaded pc... Since, vista has its own thing going on. I have recently installed wine so i could run World of Warcraft on the lappy. Could that be the cause of my problems im getting a lot of i386 errors saying this isn't compatible and the screen going gray thanks for any input.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hate to admit it but vista, unlike XP, doesn't like sharing the harddrive so this type of thread I see quite often sorry I don't know the answer but I run my systems apart in that I have kubuntu for 99% of my needs, and a spare computer for games running windows because those little sometimes big surprises on windows are too often, too expensive and too dramatic for my weak heart and pocket, thanks

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
I personally have never had any issues running Vista in a multi-boot environment. I have four Linux systems running on the same machine with Vista.

The best advice I can give is make a note of the errors and do a search with your favorite search engine. Most of the answers to Ubuntu are at their forums.