Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lexmark printer offline

• Please log in to reply

littlemisssunshine

littlemisssunshine

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
hello, please help!

i am trying to install a lexmark z617 onto my desktop which runs vista. at first it said it couldn't communicate with the computer so i uninstalled it re-installed it and installed all the update drivers and vista drivers i could find becuase i thought it would be that. however, now it says that the printer is offline even when it is power on, set as default printer etc. ive tried all i can think of so was really hoping someone on here could help me.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
From the Control Panel, go into Printers and double-click your Printer. This should bring up the print queue. Under XP you would go onto the File Menu and click on "Work Offline" to bring it out of Offline mode. This should be similar if not identical to Vista.

littlemisssunshine

littlemisssunshine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for your post. I tried that and it did change to use printer online. then as soon as i went to print something it went back to offline and won't go back to online. :) so frustrating! any more ideas>?