Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wpa settings

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I have a feeling someone was sharing my Internet connection so I set my security to WPA. Is there a way I can tell if anyone is sharring my bandwidth? Thanks

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
When you try to connect to your router (using 192.168.x.x on a web browser), there should be a tab indicating which and how many computers are connecting to your router. I won't be able to help you find which exactly that tab would be because each router's admin page are different.

For example, this Dlink admin page (for Dlink routers) have this DHCP tab where it also lists all clients/computers that connects to the router. (check the bottom of this picture)
Posted Image

So if you have the same thing as the above image and you notice that there are more computers connected to your router than there should be, then someone is stealing your bandwidth.
Make sure you constantly check this DHCP tab if you have it just in case someone or another one is stealing your bandwidth.

Edited by kamille316, 12 November 2007 - 02:29 PM.