Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fm.exe help

• Please log in to reply

afc4life

afc4life

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hi all i hope you tech gurus can help,ive been playing a game called football manager 2007 for a year now but all of a sudden the game wont load.Ive tried reinstalling several times but i still get the windows error box with the message"fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.why after a year would this happen,ive done mal/spyware scans and any other scan you can think off.if anyone can help ill be very gratefull.

Advertisements

techie4fun

techie4fun

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi :)

Generally that type of error indicates a corrupted file within the game system itself. This could be due to a recent Windows update or an recently installed new driver.

A few questions for you: When you said you uninstalled/reinstalled the game, did you DELETE the existing folder; for example "C:\Programfiles\FootballManager2007?" IF you have a corrupted system within the game directory itself and you reinstall the game, you will most likely continue to have the same errors created whenever you try to run the game again.

Oh before I forget, do you have the latest version of Directx installed?

Edited by techie4fun, 11 November 2007 - 06:38 PM.

afc4life

afc4life

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thank you for your reply.As far as im aware i had deleted everything to do with the game,ill download the latest directx if i havent already and will come back to you.

afc4life

afc4life

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok latest directx installed problem is still there.

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
afc4life,

Is this a legitimite copy of the game? Not downloaded off the net? If it is, try getting the latest patch [or if you already have that then try going back to earlier one].

afc4life

afc4life

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yes it is an orginal dont agree with piracy,have also downloaded the latest patch and tried going back to the orginal im at a loss because the game did load up once last week albeit until i saved it and then it the problem resurfaced.

techie4fun

techie4fun

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
In the meantime, I'm going to look for some other things online to see if there's a hotfix. I'm not sure what else to do :)

Update:

I found you the official Game Forum to post your question, but that's about all I could find. This problem you are having though looks like a known bug as I've been searching around finding the same problem other posters have commented about.

http://community.sig...52/m/4002017662

Maybe posting your problem in the forums will help you. Maybe you've already gone to this forum and came here for guidance. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Edited by techie4fun, 12 November 2007 - 05:14 PM.

afc4life

afc4life

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Im a member of that forum and ive tried that thread,the strange thing was the game did load up last week so i played and saved it then it didnt load again so i dont think theres a problem with the disc i think it maybe a shareing violation but i dont know how about deciding which program is the problem any ideas,or is it possible to make a log of the running processes.

afc4life

afc4life

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok it looks like ive sorted it,but now i only see 3/4 of the screen.This only happens with this program everything else is ok.