Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MMORPG maker

• Please log in to reply

geek in training

geek in training

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Anyone know of a easy to use MMORPG maker? I need one thats not so confusing

Advertisements

barnes

barnes

• Pip
  • 8 posts
An MMORPG is never going to be simple to make. Keep in mind that even the professional studios like Blizzard have to charge a monthly fee to keep them running.

If your talking about a browser based MMORPG, I can only suggest taking up a dynamic web language like PHP or an ASP language, even Ruby on Rails, though I can't speak much of it, I'm still learning as well.

Good luck!

geek in training

geek in training

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
what do you thing is the easyest MMORPG maker that you know of? im thinking that with the easyest one its gunna take me about 3-4 years to make it. I'v already got the game all drawn out so i think thats gunna shorten it up for me. Iv already spent 1 year just learning how to make a MMORPG!

Edited by geek in training, 12 November 2007 - 04:01 PM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
What do you mean by "MMORPG maker"? There is no software that magically makes a game for you. You would need to learn a programming language, and then use it to program the game. If this game is browser-based, you would probably want to learn Java, as it is the only language I know of that is powerful enough to make a semi-decent MMORPG, while still being widely compatible with many OSes and browsers. If the game will be stand-alone (like WOW), then you could use pretty much any language, though C++ would probably be the most common choice.

m4motorious

m4motorious

• Pip
  • 5 posts
[dude there is no such thing as MMORPG maker. you are the maker. learn some c SHARRP or c++ and try to understand how will you use your knowledge to develope the game. good luck :)

I.D.S. Administrator

I.D.S. Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
You are all wrong BTW.
There is this RPG creator called something like "Toolkit" (something like that) that allows you to make the game with EXTREME EASE. No code neccesary. And it gives you the option of setting up a MMORPG, which there are easy-to-understand tutorials on the website.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
*Sigh*... I dislike being called wrong. Especially when I am right. And super especially when the person who called me wrong corrects me with incorrect facts.

About this Toolkit (officially named RPGToolkit):

Can I use the Toolkit to create an online game or MMORPG (massive, multiplayer online RPG)?

Generally speaking, no. Technically it is possible through plugins, but it has not yet been achieved.

The toolkit features an internal scripting language known as RPGCode.

So, not only can this utility not be used to make a MMORPG (not to mention the lack of "easy-to-understand tutorials" on the subject, considering how it has never been accomplished), but it also involves the use of code, as opposed to "no code neccesary" (which I will assume to mean "no code necessary"). Moreover, it would be more practical to learn C++, as it has multiple uses and could be useful in school or a career, rather than this RPGCode, which has one very poor use.

m4motorious

m4motorious

• Pip
  • 5 posts
yeah. the words you are all wrong dosn't fit in the current situation man. if you want to see an mmorpg game try lineage2 and then tell me if there is a toolkit or something like simillar you described in order to do such a game. this is something dynamic and you ncsoft team spend around 8 months do develope it( A WHOLE GROOP WHICH CON CONSIST OF 5-50 PEOPLE) lol i don't think there is a chanse to make it as an individual + using some toolkits. this is not dreamviwer where you drag and drop in it and make a web site interface. mmorpg is very complicated think.

ps: sorry for my spelling mistakes. english is not my first language despite the fact that i am currently in england :)

I.D.S. Administrator

I.D.S. Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

*Sigh*... I dislike being called wrong. Especially when I am right. And super especially when the person who called me wrong corrects me with incorrect facts.

About this Toolkit (officially named RPGToolkit):

Can I use the Toolkit to create an online game or MMORPG (massive, multiplayer online RPG)?

Generally speaking, no. Technically it is possible through plugins, but it has not yet been achieved.

The toolkit features an internal scripting language known as RPGCode.

So, not only can this utility not be used to make a MMORPG (not to mention the lack of "easy-to-understand tutorials" on the subject, considering how it has never been accomplished), but it also involves the use of code, as opposed to "no code neccesary" (which I will assume to mean "no code necessary"). Moreover, it would be more practical to learn C++, as it has multiple uses and could be useful in school or a career, rather than this RPGCode, which has one very poor use.

My bad.

Edited by I.D.S. Administrator, 30 November 2007 - 10:34 AM.

XDmario

XDmario

• Pip
  • 5 posts
You don't HAVE to know programming to make your own game :D. So I would suggest you don't tell the starter of this post that they have to just learn how to program. It would be nice if you did learn how to, but, I, after a quick browse about it, located some simple softwares.

Platinum Arts Sandbox would probably just be the most simple one you can find on the internet! All you have to do is drag items from a list of them in to your world and then there you go, you built a world. Not to mention you can make characters and create spells, then put it on a multiplayer server.(3D)

These are the more 2D creators with NO programming exp needed! Ahh... Our classic 16 bit feel! We have it right here in the classic 16-bit look AND feel RPG creator, Xtremeworlds. Not so complex, I see.

Another classic type of RPG builder, this one is a better system in 2D arts, it's Eclipse! You can actually create uncomplex NPC dialog by just simply creating an NPC and typing the dialog! It's much more simple than the 16-bit Xtremeworlds.

So, that's what I have. So I am right, here! No programming EXP required! Ughh! It makes me a bit upset to see that none of you look up your facts before posting!

XDmario

XDmario

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I don't mean to double post, but I found a really easy one for CHILDREN WITH NO EXPERIENCE! CHILDREN!!!
It's so utterly simple...
Atmosphir!
I recommend a little more advanced ones, but this is a 3D children's game builder! A simple CHILD could make a game with this software, not to mention that you can either download it, or browser-use it! DOES NOT work on any MAC system, sadly. But all PC users may use it, it should work cleanly. It's best if you run it with a computer\pc that has a lot of space left, as it runs more smoothly. I've tested it on my oldest computer, and it was pretty slow! So, use it on a clean and more fresh computer if you don't want it to lag. This is by far most the easiest one I've seen out there. Very kiddish 3D graphics, though.

I would not recommend it to the older ones. I do not exactly enjoy it, as it's not for those who like complex battle scene 3D games. It has high performance, although. So, if you have a game-loving child out there, this would be nice for them. Other than that, stick to my other post.