Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

word licensure

• Please log in to reply

yellowdell

yellowdell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i am buying a new dell laptop. it will operate on vista, but it does not come with microsoft word--only microsoft works. i will need to have the microsoft small business edition put on the laptop, but it will run the price up $297! My desk computer now has microsoft small business on it, and i still have the software to install it. If i order my new laptop without small business, and i install this software on my new laptop, will it effect my warranty or any other aspect of my new laptop's functioning? please help- $297 is a lot to pay!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Shouldn't as long as you have the original Small Business Software and its Product Key to install it. Just double check that you are able to continue to get Updates okay and there are no hiccups from Windows Genuine Advantage verifications.

Ron

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
If you are a student, there is a really good deal at MICROSOFT CRAZY DEAL
It really is a good buy.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

If you are a student, there is a really good deal at MICROSOFT CRAZY DEAL
It really is a good buy.

WOW! Wish I was a student so I could meet the eligibility requirements. Very good deal for 2007 version.

Ron

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Ouch, I meet the requirements and bought the student edition in August. Shoot, would have saved me 100$ and I would have received a better version.
The deal seems too good to be true though.
James