Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do you remove Sunbelt CounterSpy

• Please log in to reply

_The_Nothing_

_The_Nothing_

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I've tried uninstalling it and it fails everytime can some one please help me thanks

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello,

This sometimes happens if there is a problem with the currently installed version of an application. Try reinstalling it (I know, it's counterintuitive) and then uninstalling it.

Hope this helps,

Ax

_The_Nothing_

_The_Nothing_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
yeah I've tried that two and it won't let me do that either I've googled it also trying to find out how to also but nothing

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
It might be a problem with some files being locked/in use. Have you tried closing all programs, even the ones in the system tray, and then uninstalling?

If so, try uninstalling the program in safe mode:
  • Restart the computer
  • Start tapping the F8 key. The "Windows Advanced Boot Options Menu" appears. If it doesn't, restart the computer and try again.
  • Ensure that the "Safe Mode" option is selected (the top option)
  • Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe Mode.
  • When you are finished with troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.
Let me know how it goes,

Ax

_The_Nothing_

_The_Nothing_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Error 2738.Could not acess VBScript run time for custom action

this is the error I get when I try to use add and remove

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Are you performing the uninstall using an account with administrative privileges? If not, I would suggest trying that out before we go further.