Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kodak Easy Share

• Please log in to reply

talenarmkicker

talenarmkicker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all,

I have a query regarding Kodak Easy Share and got here from the search results on google.

I have a user who wishes to delete the files from her camera on (SD Card), I can delete them by moving the SD card to a card reader but I need to delete them using the software interface with the camera still connected, the version of Kodak I am running is V5.2.1.0 and the type of camera is a C663.

I am new to this software so any help would be appreciated, I have looked around the interface but cannot find an option to delete files directly from the camera, I have only found delete files that have been exported from the camera.

If anyone has anyone knows how to do this please reply

Regards
James

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
No need to use a PC or the EasyShare software at all. It's all done 'in-camera'. The PC software is for transferring files from camera-card to PC (and even that can be done without the EasyShare software) and for simple editing and printing. Any other processes on the card should be done in the camera so as to avoid the possibility of the card becoming corrupted and unusable.

Below applies to the Kodak EasyShare C433, but all EasyShare models should be the same or very similar:

Put the SD card back into the camera and switch on (auto). Press the 'menu' button.
Scroll down to 'Setup' and press 'OK' button.
Scroll down to 'Format' and press 'OK' button.
Select 'Memory Card' and press 'OK' button (this step only applies to cameras with additional internal memory)
You'll see a warning about "formatting will delete everything", Select 'Continue' and press 'OK' button.
Formatting will take a few seconds, after which the card will be empty, ready to use again.
Press 'Menu' button to return to normal shooting mode.

If the camera is no longer available, put the card in the reader but shut down the easyshare software if it starts automatically.
In 'My Computer' right-click the relevant drive letter corresponding to the card-reader slot, then select 'Format' from the context-menu.
This will wipe all images from the card.

Please note: Some SD cards have a small white "write protect" slider on the side to prevent any files from being deleted (similar to the floppy disk feature).
For formatting to proceed, this slider must be in the 'off' position (ie slide it fully towards the gold contacts end of the card).

Finally, if you only want to remove photos on a 'file by file' basis (rather than deleting the lot) that is also done 'in camera'.
Open the picture on the camera screen and press the 'Delete' button. Confirm deletion then press 'OK' button.

Edited by pip22, 14 November 2007 - 07:50 AM.

talenarmkicker

talenarmkicker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the response I will do this next time I'm with the camera, is there no way that I can delete the files by using the software at all?

Regards

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Since I don't use the EasyShare software I'm afraid I can't answer that. It's not even installed on my PC. My wife's camera ia a Kodak Easyshare C433, hence I was able to step you thru' the camera's menu system for formatting the card. We simply delete pictures using the camera, or zap the lot by formatting (which is good practice anyway from time to time as it keeps the card in good shape -- less prone to corruption.
When she has any pictures to download to the PC I simply use my card-reader and pop them in my 'Pictures' folder on two separate hard disks.

The bottom line is I soon discovered that the EasyShare application was uneccessary and took it off. I have my own, preferred software for editing and printing images.

You've already said you can delete images from the card using your card reader/writer so, forgive me, but why does it have to be done with the Easyshare application? Surely the best way is the easiest way -- the way that works?

Edited by pip22, 14 November 2007 - 10:37 AM.

talenarmkicker

talenarmkicker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Very Good point, the reason is that it is for a user where i work and I couldn't get the SD card to appear as a removable disk in Win 2000, (if you know how to do this please let me know) so she is using the software, I don't think we would be able to provide her with a card reader because it would be to overwhelming for her, I deleted the images for her earlier because she needed to free some space and it was a one off, i mean we could do the same each time she needs to wipe the card but I would like her to be able to delete them herself.

Thanks for responding saying the only way to delete is from the camera that will have to suit her but i just wanted to make it so she could delete and add pictures to libraries without getting confused using the software. I have printed off the steps and think I will provide her wit them and she should be fine.

Regards
James

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I have Kodak Easyshare software, and there should be an option to delete them as you transfer them from the camera to the PC. I believe it can only be done as you transfer the pictures - you can't go back later and delete them. Unfortunately, my husband left our camera at his parents' house, so I can't check what the exact setting is, but on the transfer screen, where you can set the directory to which you want to transfer the pictures, there is a check box that asks if you want to save the pictures on the camera or not. It defaults to yes.