Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mobo, processor and ram advice

• Please log in to reply

bluntknife

bluntknife

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hey all who read this :)

Just wondering what people would surrgest.

I was looking into getting a new processor but to do this I would need a new motherboard and new ram(which is a really pain in the behind)

Processor - was looking at -- an intel 4300 or 4400 (must be duel core/core 2 duo which ever better for the money)
Motherboard - not a clue(must be pci-e)
Ram - at least a gig and matchs mobo

*** Budget is strictly £150. ! no more ! ***

Thanks in advance

ps i mainly use ebuyer and dabs so from these shop would be much appricated

Edited by bluntknife, 14 November 2007 - 11:14 AM.

Advertisements

zoneykid

zoneykid

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I searched newegg then realised you lived overseas so i went to dabs and searched around, i found some stuff that would work, personally i think on a tight budget AMD would be better(i have an 4200+ socket 939 and its worked for almost 2 years without braking and without lagging much on newer games).

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ AM2 2.3GHz
http://www.dabs.com/...gationKey=11147

Gigabyte AM2 AMD690V MATX A L
http://www.dabs.com/...;Quicklinx=4JKC

Corsair Memory CM2X1024 - 6400 1GB XMS2-6400 240Pin DIMM CAS5 <-- add 2 of those
http://www.dabs.com/.....50,4294955840

All together that comes out to exactly £150.49 with shipping, and you have a 2.3GHz dual core proc, with 2GB of ram.

Also when buying a new motherboard make sure its compatible with your case(or chassy depending on which you prefer) for examply you might have a BTX case in which case you would need a BTX compatible motherboard, but if you buy a BTX motherboard for an ATX case it should still work(since ATX is bigger than BTX).

And with that im off to bed so i wont be able to reply 'till tomorrow.

Edited by zoneykid, 14 November 2007 - 11:37 PM.

bluntknife

bluntknife

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
First off, hope you had a nice nights sleep :)

And secondly I would like to thank you for what seems like an amazing set up.

I will certinly keep this in mind when I get around to buying my upgrades over the christmas period.

Thanks again Zoneykid

Edited by bluntknife, 15 November 2007 - 01:16 PM.