Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add and remove hardware

• Please log in to reply

shelby4161

shelby4161

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a compaq 5420 us with windows xp home addition. I recently purchase a sansa e260 mp3 player. When I
pluged in the player to my computer the hardware was found and mtp device window popped up. The hardware
will not finish installing and when I go to the add and remove hardware in control panel and click on it it says "You can only install only one device at a time. Another device installation is underway, when it is finished you can try this wizard again". The problem is that it never finishes installing my mp5 player and will not stop trying. How do I stop the wizard from trying to install this hardware and how do I get it to install the hardware for my sansa e260 correctly?

Advertisements

Mentalist

Mentalist

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i suggest going to device manager...

plug in your device then press the windows key and pause/break simultaniously.. and a window shall appear.. click ont he hardware tab and then go to device manager.. it would probably be in storage volumes., but check the list for your device.. if it isnt installed properly it should have a yellow question mark on it.. right click and update driver.. then go through the wizard and it should find the driver for you..

although some mp3 players do have a specified driver disc elcosed with it.. check