Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Horrible Loud Beeping Noise

• Please log in to reply

nkeegan

nkeegan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok.. So, I suspect that I have a trojan hidden away in the depths of my computer somewhere. So, I am running all the suggestions here. I just tried to run Ad-Aware (again), but the computer starts making the worst beeping noise ever, and wont stop. Finally everything freezes up, and I have to switch off the computer.
It seems that whenever a lot stuff is loading up or running, it starts beeping again. I have hoovered out the back in case it was something overheating 'cause of dust, I have made sure everything is connected properly.
:tazz: ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Nicola

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Dust & CPU Freeze (Hardware point of view):

However if you have a lot of dust build up in your case - - -this causes problems

You said that you cleaned your computer . . . . .did you inspect your CPU - Heat Sink & Fan assembly for excessive dust buildup?

Your CPU has a heat sink which is dissipating the heat & there is a fan on top to force cool air down thru the fins & out the sides - Usually the fan is Temp controlled & runs faster as Temp rises

But if your heat sink has collected dust in the fins - - - it is clogup & cool air is not passing thru to cool down heat sink & dissipating any heat

Some have heat sensors & sounds an alarm. . . such as beeping

CPU circuitry will shut down the CPU to SAVE it. . . .Thus you see freeze - no mouse - no keyboard

Check & see if your heat sink is not clogged

This problem gets worse over time . . . .

You can enter your BIOS and tab over to CPU monitor and your CPU Temp is measured + your voltages CPU will shut down over 85 C

If your heat sink is clogged . . . .you can use a can of Cleaning duster
(High Pressured Air) . . . . . Just read the instructions:
DO NOT INVERT CAN OR SHAKE CAN!!! High Pressue Air turns to LIQUID when inverted . . . . BIGGER PROBLEM

You want to clean the fins out . . . .if it is really bad you can pick most of it out with very fine tweezer first before spraying

You may have to turn computer in different quadrants to keep can upright . . .OF COURSE COMPUTER IS OFF & DISCONNECTED)

When you cleaned . . . . . . was there a lot of dust?

Jack123