Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mixed Error Messages

• Please log in to reply

Sinking Fast

Sinking Fast

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi Community Members:

This is my first time here and I am no "techie" but willing to give it a try. Can someone please tell me in plain English what the error messages listed below mean, and more importantly guide me (step by step) on how to rid them from my computer?

ERROR MESSAGES:

1) MSIEXEC.EXE file is linked to a missing export MSI.DLL:222

2) Rundll32 has caused an error in HPZPNP10.DLL
RundLL32 will now close

3) Rundll Error loading hpzpno10.dll
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization, routine failed

These error messages started popping up about four nights ago while trying to install a new printer (HP Deskjet 3840), and I believe they are preventing the printer from working. To date, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer numerous times, carefully following the instructions, and starting from scratch each time. I've also uninstalled my McAfee Anti Virus Program and AOL 9.0, thinking that they were the cause of the problem, but to no avail. Regardless, the Printer Wizard indicates that the printer installation is complete and all is well. Yet, the printer does not work. Note: I uninstalled AOL 9.0 mostly because it had been causing some hiccups prior to the printer installation.

I checked also for Windows ME updates and installed them as well. However, I've noticed that despite the history file showing a current date and satisfactory installation status, the Windows Update continues to show Updates to be Installed. This seemed odd, especially since I don't recall seeing this kind of communication discrepancy in the past.

Incidentally, I don't know if this is a contributing factor to the above error messages, but I noticed that since running a full virus scan on my computer 3-4 days before I attempted the printer installation, and deleting all risky files and things that didn't appear to be essential, my computer started periodically acting strangely at start-up (i.e, messages about initialization or start-up files, etc.) However, hitting any key usually clears this up, and the system proceeds to boot up fully.

Please help, I'm at wits end, and on the verge of doing "great physical harm" to my computer!!! Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sinking Fast in Cyberspace

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
1 is the windows installer file and it is telling you it is missing a componant..

2 is a printer file that is likely not installed because of 1

download the follwing and try to install your printer again after you install the installer.

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

Sinking Fast

Sinking Fast

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi Gerryf

Thanks for your quick response and when I get home this evening I will try your suggestion. However, I think that I tried that download (Windows Installer 2.0 Redistributable for Windows 95, 98, and Me) yesterday and it failed, although right now I don't remember the exact reason for the failure. It may have been Rundll or one of the other error notices about missing something or even my own ineptness. :tazz: I forgot to mention this in my first posting.

In any event, I will try again, and if either the download and/or printer work or do not, I will report back.

Again, thanks for your input..... ;)