Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting Dell Laptop to TV

• Please log in to reply

snickers

snickers

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I am having a hard time finding S video to RCA cable that will connect my Dell Inspiron E1505 to a tv with rca connection.
Is this a specialized cable that will fit on the E1505. I did find one Svideo to RCA cable at Radio Shack but the S video connection did not fit on the laptop. The s video connection on laptop is round with 7 pins. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Dave Kruger

Dave Kruger

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
http://www.svideo.com/7pintorca.html

might work for your laptop. I kinda thought most of the laptops from dell came with an adapter cable to do this, but I am not certain, maybe some models just had an option to get one etc.

andy_b_1502

andy_b_1502

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello, i have a dell inspiron model number - PP05XB and an LG LCD tv model number - 42LC2D

I would like to watch a programe i have installed called Readon TV player through my tv from my laptop. I have bought a VGA to a, i think its called component (Red, White and Yellow colours) and it's not working, i havent got a signal on any source channel?

I have got a HDMI port on my tv and would like to get a cable to fit the port from my laptop but before i go out and buy another one i'd thought i would ask on here first?

Please help and thanks in advance for any help!!!