Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Restore

• Please log in to reply

Noxen

Noxen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have tried to restore my system and clean my disk over and over and over and the same thing happenes. My disk runs through Windows 98 but installs XP (just so you know). The whole process is automated, it deletes the partition and creates new and formatts it. Yet when after all that it enters the Norton Ghost 7.5.1 exactly 19% through it gives me a question Output A:\GHOST.ERR? [Yes] [No]. I do not have an A:\ drive and if i click [Yes] it says cannot open GHOST.ERR -insert diskette then brings me back to the first question. If i press [NO] it says at the top bar: Application Error 437 and the message says: Cannot read from file If this problem persists, please contact TOSHIBA support center or contact symantec support [OK]. It then brings me to a black dos screen that reads: ABORT: 437 - cannot read from file. Then to another screen that says: Remove all diskettes and cd's from the drives Press any key to continue... and i do and the computer just restarts. By the way i am typing this from another computer I have because when i go on the one i am trying to restore I cannot start windows because it has been DELETED!

Thanks,
Noxen

Advertisements

DJHTX1

DJHTX1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Were you ever able to figure out your problem. I have had the same problem. I even ordered new recovery disks from Toshiba and it did the same thing. I have still been unable to repair.
Thanks,
DJHTX1