Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Purchase of security iguard

• Please log in to reply

Fruehling

Fruehling

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Could someone advise me how the spyware program Security IGuard bills a customer? Is it a one time charge, a monthly charge, and/or additional charges when updates are issued? Thanks.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hi there! First off, I would like for you to follow This link, and read up on Security IGuard on the "Rogue Spyware" list. This is not a program we would ever recommend.

instead of paying for a program, we suggest you use Spybot and AdAware. Both are small free programs that you don't ever have to pay for...not even to update! Here is my canned speech on obtaining, updating and using them both!

AdAware
Make sure you're using the latest version of Ad-aware(Ad-aware SE 1.05) If you're using an older version (or don’t have AdAware yet), download Ad-aware SE Personal 1.05 and install it.

Before scanning with Ad-aware SE Free:
Run a FULL adaware scan using the following configuration below
  • Update
    • Select Check for updates.
    • Then Connect and download SE1R28 16.02.2005 .
  • Click Start
  • Select Perform Full System Scan and hit Next to let Ad-Aware scan your drives.
  • It will list malware files and registry keys. Click Next.
  • Under the Critical Objects tab, rightclick in the list, choose Select All, then Next.
  • It will ask for verification of checked items-. Choose OK.
  • Close Ad-Aware, Shut down and reboot your system.
Spybot
Download and Install Spybot S&D, accepting the Default Settings
(Please ensure you have version 1.3 final.)
Home - The home of Spybot-S&D!: http://www.safer-networking.org/
Here is a nice Tutorial http://www.safer-net...p?page=tutorial
  • Go to Start > Programs >Spybot Search & Destroy and choose 'Spybot S&D'
  • Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
  • Click the button 'Search for Updates' and download and install the Updates.
  • Next click the button 'Check for Problems'
  • When Spybot is complete, it will be showing 'RED' entries BLACK entries and GREEN entries in the window
  • Make sure there is a check mark beside the RED entries ONLY.
  • Choose Fix Selected Problems and allow Spybot to fix the RED entries.
  • REBOOT
Also, make sure you are using a good Anti-virus program, and are running a firewall. If you need recommendations for those, let me know! :tazz: