Purchase of security iguard
Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:40 AM
Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:22 PM
instead of paying for a program, we suggest you use Spybot and AdAware. Both are small free programs that you don't ever have to pay for...not even to update! Here is my canned speech on obtaining, updating and using them both!
Make sure you're using the latest version of Ad-aware(Ad-aware SE 1.05) If you're using an older version (or don’t have AdAware yet), download Ad-aware SE Personal 1.05 and install it.
Before scanning with Ad-aware SE Free:
Run a FULL adaware scan using the following configuration below
- Select Check for updates.
- Then Connect and download SE1R28 16.02.2005 .
- Click Start
- Select Perform Full System Scan and hit Next to let Ad-Aware scan your drives.
- It will list malware files and registry keys. Click Next.
- Under the Critical Objects tab, rightclick in the list, choose Select All, then Next.
- It will ask for verification of checked items-. Choose OK.
- Close Ad-Aware, Shut down and reboot your system.
Download and Install Spybot S&D, accepting the Default Settings
(Please ensure you have version 1.3 final.)
Home - The home of Spybot-S&D!: http://www.safer-networking.org/
Here is a nice Tutorial http://www.safer-net...p?page=tutorial
- Go to Start > Programs >Spybot Search & Destroy and choose 'Spybot S&D'
- Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
- Click the button 'Search for Updates' and download and install the Updates.
- Next click the button 'Check for Problems'
- When Spybot is complete, it will be showing 'RED' entries BLACK entries and GREEN entries in the window
- Make sure there is a check mark beside the RED entries ONLY.
- Choose Fix Selected Problems and allow Spybot to fix the RED entries.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users