Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FLV MP3...what?

• Please log in to reply

sharonrose

sharonrose

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I tried to save a video file to my pc but it keeps saving it as an mp3 and wont play anything but the audio...what do i do?

Advertisements

sharonrose

sharonrose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I tried to save a video file to my pc but it keeps saving it as an mp3 and wont play anything but the audio...what do i do?

jester620

jester620

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
First question, "i tried to save a video file to my pc" -How? What programs are you using? Is this a video from the internet, video camera, dvd, etc?

Once I know what you're trying to accomplish I can hopefully help.

sharonrose

sharonrose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
im using replay media catcher. it catches most videos in flv format and i know how to convert from there but i have no idea what to do when it saves it as an Mp3

sharonrose

sharonrose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
im using replay media catcher. it catches most videos in flv format and i know how to convert from there but i have no idea what to do when it saves it as an Mp3

and why are my posts and replies posting twice??

Edited by sharonrose, 19 November 2007 - 09:38 PM.

jester620

jester620

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Ok, so what content are you trying to get. If the content is mp3 already, that would explain why it's defaulting to mp3. :)

sharonrose

sharonrose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
im not sure. its a movie...most of the movies are in flv format but there are a couple that save to mp3 even though i dont change the settings on the replay. its streaming media if that helps at all. i guess it would be similiar to utube videos. on utube it will catch and save some of them flv and some mp3 as well. i think its what ever the person that owns the video has it saved as but is there a way to convert it?

sharonrose

sharonrose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
im not sure. its a movie...most of the movies are in flv format but there are a couple that save to mp3 even though i dont change the settings on the replay. its streaming media if that helps at all. i guess it would be similiar to utube videos. on utube it will catch and save some of them flv and some mp3 as well. i think its what ever the person that owns the video has it saved as but is there a way to convert it?