Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with webpages

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

osterly1

osterly1

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
hi there geeks... i have just done a reinstall after my windows crashed xp, and now my pc will only goto certain webpages after 3 minutes,,, otherwise it says dns or server error,,, i have avast antivirus and microsoft antispyware installed,, and when it refuses togo to the page i get a little window open ,(have it at the bottome of the screen now) and it looks like a blackboard with C:\ and then it says nppp.. and if u open it ,it says windows cannot find nppp...

can u help ? also pc is taking a long time to egt to a webpage.. maybe 3 minutes.. with a 2.2 connection didnt use to be this slow

anthony

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you reloaded, did you apply the latest service pack?

follow this post: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

you can post your hijackthis log in the malware forum and they can help you best there.

I would also go to start, run. type in services.msc. once the services screen comes up brows down to messanger. the service should be stopped and set to disabled.

Starjax

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Numerous hijack this logs open. Topic closed.